Italian Pasta Puttanesca is an easy and delicious tomato sauce. As far as I know, does the name mean as much as “in style of the prostitute.” because it is cheap, easy and fast to prepare. Besides that, you can not just freeze this sauce for later meals, but also the ingredients can be stored for an extended time as they don’t spoil. Remember that not all pasta is eaten with parmesan cheese, and this is one of them.
Italian Pasta Puttanesca will feed as a main dish about four persons and takes 20 – 30 minutes to prepare (Depending on your skill and your knowledge of the recipe). If you are on your search for other pasta dishes why don’t you look into my pasta section of the site or the general dinner section?
- 20g Butter
- 2 Table Spoons Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 200g Black Olives
- 2 Table Spoons Fish Paste
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Table Spoon Capers
- A Bunch of Parsley
- Pasta for 4 Persons. 300-400g
The great thing on Pasta Puttanesca is that you can store all these Ingredients for a long time at home in the fridge or storage in case you find yourself at home with an empty fridge after a long weekend and you have to cook dinner for the whole family.
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions.
- Slice the garlic in little slices and fry them in a pot with butter and olive oil.
- Core the olives (if you have to) and cut them in halves.
- Add the fish paste to the garlic and mix the sauce.
- Add tomatoes, olives and capers to the sauce and let it boil for at least a minute.
- Meanwhile, chop the parsley and prepare the table.
- Add the sauce to the Al Dente cooked pasta and enjoy.